Monday, September 19, 2011

Will changing to Seasonique from a normal bc pill make it harder for me to get pregnant later when I want to?

I've been on the pill (estrostep fe) for 10 years, but am about to start Seasonique. I MIGHT want to be able to get pregnant later, but was wondering if being on a pill that lets you have a period every third month instead of every month will make it harder to conceive (i have relatives who have sporadic periods and were never on the pill and had trouble conceiving). Anyone with experience or scientific knowledge, please reply. (I know taking the other pill does not affect your chances for pregnancy).Will changing to Seasonique from a normal bc pill make it harder for me to get pregnant later when I want to?Are you talking about Seasonale or is there something similar to it? Well anyways the BC that decreases your period to every 3 months..I was told it should only take one cycle to regulate after being on it no matter how long you've been taking it.Will changing to Seasonique from a normal bc pill make it harder for me to get pregnant later when I want to?If your family has a hard time conceiving I would stick with the one you are used to especially if you don't want to take the risk. I know personally i haven't ever taken any and my husband and i have been trying for over a year and still aren't able to. So I think you should talk to your doctor about this!! Good luck!!Will changing to Seasonique from a normal bc pill make it harder for me to get pregnant later when I want to?Doubt it.Will changing to Seasonique from a normal bc pill make it harder for me to get pregnant later when I want to?I was on Seasonale for over 2 years and I didn't have any problems conceiving once I went off of it. Talk to your doctor if you have any concerns, but it should be fine.