Friday, June 3, 2011

Will changing name on bills hurt my credit?

About a two months ago I got a new roommate in this apartment. Everything has been going wrong and I am moving out (we didn't have to sign any lease). He is staying in the apartment, however, the electric and water bills are in my name. With only two months of it being paid, will switching the name over to him hurt my credit in any way? I'm new to this whole thing! Thanks!Will changing name on bills hurt my credit?call the electric and water companies first, tell them what you are doing. As long as you come completely off the bill, roommate would be responsible not your credit, not your fault then if roommate doesn't pay, you don't have to worry. But defin. call the electric and water first and get the bills out of your name, quickly!Will changing name on bills hurt my credit?It won't hurt if your bills were paid on time.