Friday, June 3, 2011

Will changing from vista to windows 7 (RC) compromise the battery life of my Thinkpad t400?

Hi i just ordered a Lenovo T400 and would like to know if changing the operating system from the included Vista Home to Windows 7 RC will noticeably shorten my battery life if at all. Thanks in advance!



Also! I have only been thinking about it and have not had any experience with windows 7 rc and would like some input on the pros and cons between vista and 7rc and if it is worth switching. Thanks again.Will changing from vista to windows 7 (RC) compromise the battery life of my Thinkpad t400?You will probably see more life out of your battery with Windows 7, in some cases up to 11%. See this article for more info on that: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Windows-7-



So far people seem to love the RC. It is a stable OS, but not finalized so be cautious before running it as your sole OS on your main computer.



Cheers,

Jeff

Windows Outreach TeamWill changing from vista to windows 7 (RC) compromise the battery life of my Thinkpad t400?I dont think it should compromise the battery life beacuse it runs on the same type of system as vista. Windows 7 is supposed to be faster but I use windows dual booted with Ubuntu which is free