Thursday, November 25, 2010

Will changing the graphic card in my computer void the warranty?

I'm wanting to add a better graphics card to my computer (and maybe a better CPU) so I can play video games on my computer.



Will it void the warranty if I change out the hardware?



If the computer messes up after I change the hardware can I just reinstall the old hardware so they won't know I changed it?



Can I have more than one graphic card in a computer?Will changing the graphic card in my computer void the warranty?In most cases it will, but there may be a way to upgrade through the vendor without voiding the warranty. Generally opening up a storebought computer (dell, hp, acer, etc) and fiddling around will void the warranty. As for reinstalling the old hardware, if it does no permanent damage it should work fine; however they might have ways to find out you did that. You can have more than one graphics card on your computer, and there are different reasons to do it. For gaming, you have 2 or more of the same card running together; this requires the motherboard to be compatible with SLI or crossfire and in most cases if you bought it through the vendor it wont unless specified. The second reason is for running certain applications that can make use of multiple dissimilar cards (protein folding for example), however it is not easy to set up, and may void your warranty.Will changing the graphic card in my computer void the warranty?If the warranty is still good then you will void it. You can have more than one card in most custom computers, but something you bought from best buy i doubt it. If you don't care about the warranty open er up.