Thursday, November 25, 2010

Will changing the earring out of my cartilage reduce the hypertrophic scarring?

I have hypertrophic scarring around my sorta newish cartilage piercing (it's around 7 or 8 weeks old). The original earring is a Captive bead ring. I was wondering if changing it to a regular stud would help to reduce the hypertrophic scarring.Will changing the earring out of my cartilage reduce the hypertrophic scarring?No. A cbr is probably better for it, anyways.Will changing the earring out of my cartilage reduce the hypertrophic scarring?The hypertrophic scarring is most likely being caused by the movement of the captive bead ring.



Changing the jewelry to a flatback labret post to reduce movement could be beneficial, but be sure its your piercer who changes it so you are not put at extra risk for infection or unnecessary irritation.