Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How much of a change will college be for me?

I'm from a small town on Long Island. The High School i go to has about 450 people in it. I'm looking at the University of Delaware right now, and that college has 16,300 people enrolled in it. Do you think the size of the school will be something i can easily adjust to, or will it be a big change?How much of a change will college be for me?Only you can know what you are capable of. What are you afraid of? The change may be huge, but it might be a positive change! It completely depends on you, your school, and the school you're going to--not just the size.



It's really hard to get an idea of what it's like. You just have to do it.



The only things to watch out for are the reasons many people drop out of school early--too homesick, rushing off to college for the wrong reasons, etc.



If you know anyone who is currently living at a college, go visit them. Sit in on their classes. Follow them to and from class. Sleep on their couch. Look at the parking lots. Try to go to advising for the major you're interested in. Does it freak you out?How much of a change will college be for me?It may be a bit of an adjustment but I think that it something that you can adjust to it. I think that if you stay focused on your reason for being there then you should be alright.How much of a change will college be for me?I was the same way- graduated from a rich CT town with 98 people and went to a University last fall.



My biggest hate is the noise and being forced to live with a moocher. Literally they housed me with someone who lives 7 mins down the road, complains she's poor (but pays 4000 a semester when theres no need) and won't wash her hands after taking a crap unless I give her soap and a towel. That was the kicker for me as well as going from no diversity to being practically the only one who doesn't have the state paying for them to go to school.



I'm a music major so I do a range from 11-14 classes a semester Mon-Fri 12 hour classroom days + weekend performances. So yeah- I miss the rich girl living and it difficult at a school of that size to find decent people who aren't off drinking,screaming or mooching.