Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bitter grandmother changing will out of spite?

My grandma is pretty much disconnected from our family. She abandoned my mother as a child, has been divorced 4 times and is now remarried. She is bitter and horrible. She usually sends us money for our birthdays, and this year I turned 21. On my two sisters birthdays she gave them both 2,000 pounds, which is generous but doesn't make up for the fact we've never met. But she only gave me 10 pounds for some reason, she isn't going through money problems, as the man she's married is super rich. I feel really left out, we only communicate through letter, we've never spoken on the phone or met. My mum said it was just her being spiteful, she enjoys this kinda thing.



So, I wrote her a letter, explaining how I felt. She replied and the letter read %26quot;How ungrateful, I'm ill at the moment, and I've decided to write my will to my husband so don't get to excited. Give your mother this letter, I want her to know it's all your fault%26quot;. My mums not mad at me, but I feel awful as were having a money troubles at the moment already, and I feel like I've blown it for my mum...



Should I ring her about the will, or send her a letter... or just give up? I feel awful, I could see in my mums face she was a little upset, and my grandmothers rich....Bitter grandmother changing will out of spite?Put it out of your mind. Like it or not it's her decision to make and if she leaves it to the postman it's her business. If she's a bitter person then ... well, it's her loss. Please keep in mind that some (older) people are very sensitive about things like gifts and Wills and such. You were and are out-of-line even talking to her about it ... let it go. .Bitter grandmother changing will out of spite?I would just let your mother handle stuff like that. If your grandma acts like that, she doesn't deserve your love.